This policy is applicable to version 2.0 and above
All files, that are read from or written to SharePoint Online via KONNEKT are temporarily cached on the local disc.
The cache directory is located at:
This policy defines the caching behavior of KONNEKT.
- Files that are currently opened by the user
- Files that need to be uploaded (write cache)
- Files that are closed (read cache)
- Cache TTL (Time To Live): How long (in minutes) closed documents (read cache) will stay in the Cache. This value needs to be filled in the input field if the policy is enabled.
- Fixed Cache Size: How big (in Megabytes) is the KONNEKT cache folder. This value needs to be filled in the input field if the policy is enabled.
- Cache Size: Main cache size of the machine.
- Normal pressure: The cache is utilized below critical values. Closed files will be kept in the read cache up to the TTL value.
- High read pressure: The cache is filled up with too many closed files. The read cache will be deleted.
- High write pressure: The cache is holding lots of files queued for upload. Further, write operations will be throttled in order to empty the upload queue.
- Critical write pressure: The cache is nearly filled up with files queued for upload. Further, write operations will be throttled significantly in order to empty the upload queue.
- Cache full: The cache is completely occupied. Requests to open further files will be rejected.
Maximum value of CacheTTL is 2880 (Time in minutes) Maximum value of CacheSize is 20000 (Size in megabytes), if zero (0), the cache size will be calculated from free disk space (default)
- Cache size from free disk calculation sizeMax = (FreeDiskSize + CacheSize) * 75%
- High pressure calculation pressure = sizeUsed / sizeMax >= 80%
- High write pressure calculation writePressure = uploadSize / sizeMax >= 60%
- Critical write pressure calculation writePressure = uploadSize / sizeMax >= 80%
- Cache filled calculation sizeUsed >= sizeMax
To apply the policy you have to restart the Windows Explorer
- manually by adding the key in the registry under machine or user registry settings
We recommend the following settings for VDI environments in general, but please make sure, that this setting fit your use-case of KONNEKT:
Cache TTL: 10-60 min
Cache Size: 500-1000 MB
OneDriveOpenFilesLargerThanReadOnly: 100-500 MB (= 104,857,600 - 524,288,000 bytes)
OneDriveDoNotOpenFilesLargerThan: 200-1000 MB (= 209,715,200 - 1,048,576,000 bytes)